Hi! I’m a freelance journalist, writer and editor, as well as the features director at Country Style (and before that, at ELLE Australia magazine).
Over the past 20 years, I’ve written for many publications (see below for a list) specialising in science, nature, travel, women’s lifestyle, books and culture. I love interviewing people and have written many real-life and celebrity profiles.
Career highlights: speaking to Björk for more than an hour about everything under the sun; interrupting Ewan McGregor for a chat while he was fixing up one of his motorbikes; diving off a boat into turquoise Mediterranean waters on a Greek island press trip; and bush-bashing through one of Australia’s national parks with an Indigenous ranger looking for art sites.
Some of my copywriting clients are listed below – I specialise in science and nature organisations.
I also speak at and host events, as well as conducting on-stage interviews at events. I’ve been a frequent radio guest over the years, speaking about my
Check out my newsletter about connecting with nature – plenty of nature book reviews and other good nature stuff.
Magazines, newspapers and websites:
- Australian Geographic
- ELLE Australia
- Harper’s BAZAAR
- Grazia (both UK and Australian editions)
- Nine News
- Sunday Style (and its later incarnation, Stellar)
- The Wilderness Society
- Bush Heritage
- Guardian Labs (sponsored content vertical)
- The State Library of NSW magazine, Openbook
- University of Sydney
- Royal Institution of Australia (national scientific not-for-profit)
- STEM Matters (STEM communications agency)
- Parachute Digital (digital marketing agency for not-for-profits)
Professional Writing and Editing Experience
- Magazine articles covering women’s lifestyle; books and culture; travel; science and nature
- Native content
- Website copy for businesses
- Blog posts for businesses
- Marketing material for businesses
- BA (Hons) Classics & English, Oxford University (Trinity College)
- Magazine Journalism Certificate, National Council for the Training of Journalists
- Unlocking Creativity course, The Writers’ Studio
- First Draft Novel and Script course, The Writers’ Studio
- Feature Writing course, University of California Berkeley
Sign up to my newsletter here.