Hi! I’m a writer and the deputy editor at Country Style (and before that, features director at ELLE Australia magazine).
Over the past 20 years, I’ve written for many publications (see below for a list) specialising in science, nature, travel, women’s lifestyle, books and culture. I love interviewing people and have written many real-life and celebrity profiles.
Career highlights: speaking to Björk for more than an hour about everything under the sun; interrupting Ewan McGregor for a chat while he was fixing up one of his motorbikes; diving off a boat into turquoise Mediterranean waters on a Greek island press trip; and bush-bashing through one of Australia’s national parks with an Indigenous ranger looking for art sites.
Some of my copywriting clients are listed below – I specialise in science and nature organisations.
I also speak at and host events, as well as conducting on-stage interviews at events. I’ve been a frequent radio guest over the years, speaking about my
Check out my newsletter about connecting with nature – plenty of nature book reviews and other good nature stuff.
Magazines, newspapers and websites:
- Australian Geographic
- ELLE Australia
- Harper’s BAZAAR
- Grazia (both UK and Australian editions)
- Nine News
- Sunday Style (and its later incarnation, Stellar)
- The Wilderness Society
- Bush Heritage
- Guardian Labs (sponsored content vertical)
- The State Library of NSW magazine, Openbook
- University of Sydney
- Royal Institution of Australia (national scientific not-for-profit)
- STEM Matters (STEM communications agency)
- Parachute Digital (digital marketing agency for not-for-profits)
Professional Writing and Editing Experience
- Magazine articles covering women’s lifestyle; books and culture; travel; science and nature
- Native content
- Website copy for businesses
- Blog posts for businesses
- Marketing material for businesses
- BA (Hons) Classics & English, Oxford University (Trinity College)
- Magazine Journalism Certificate, National Council for the Training of Journalists
- Unlocking Creativity course, The Writers’ Studio
- First Draft Novel and Script course, The Writers’ Studio
- Feature Writing course, University of California Berkeley
Sign up to my newsletter here.